The future of transportation is changing. ?With a bright new future in automated transportation ahead, highway Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) need a robust communication foundation to help connect roadside equipment, vehicles, travelers, roadside workers and highway stakeholders with each other and with traffic control centers.
With mission-critical communications in place, highway operators get reliable voice, video and data services that improve traffic flow, lower pollution, increase safety and enhance the traveler experience.
Partnering with Nokia, you get a portfolio of communications, cloud, IOT and analytics solutions - built for highway agencies and departments of transportation. Bring the benefits of 25-plus years of highway industry experience and expertise in mission-critical communications to your operation.?
They enable you to:
- Increase operational efficiency and reduce your total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Migrate your legacy products and services towards the next generation of highway communications technology
- Make investments that will prepare your highways for roadside cloud and vehicle-to-everything (V2X) communications
We are ready to start working with you today to empower your ITS for safe, on-time and connected highway journeys - helping your operation travel at the speed of life.
Nokia Bell Labs Future X for industries architecture
The Future X architecture harnesses technologies such as Industrial Internet of Things, edge computing, cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, augmented and virtual reality, and high-performance networking - including 5G - to drive dramatic productivity improvements across a wide range of industrial sectors.
With the Future X architecture for highways, you can:
- Keep traffic safe: Reduce accidents and fatalities for roadside workers and travelers by deploying closed-circuit television and always-on communications across the entire highway network.
- Keep traffic on time: Use real-time monitoring and control systems to improve traffic flow, reduce travel times, decrease pollution and make highway operations more efficient.
- Keep traffic connected: Get real-time information on traffic, roadworks and weather conditions, and deliver it over the media that travelers use. Use this information to support automated driving and create connected services that generate new revenue.